Thursday, November 27, 2008

Daily Update

Ok, I now have heard from enough people to convince me to try to update this blog each day. However, I can’t guarantee that I will, since keeping up with all the details of my medical care does consume a lot of time. Furthermore, I have always thought that a blog was a kind of ego trip. Why would I think that anyone would want to read my daily thoughts, as if I had something significant to say? But, since the encouragement has come from my church community, “Pastor, we read your blog every day,” I’ll try to keep up the daily pace. Daily blogging will probably be good for my soul.

It was great to be with my Southwood congregation last night for our Thanksgiving service. God has been so good and gracious. I enjoyed the reconnection. It was good for my body and soul. I did come home and crash early (about 9pm). My cold still leaves me tired a lot. We have so much for which we can be thankful.

I am doing a study in Proverbs on emotional and physical health. Here’s a sample. If you want all of my initial work in Proverbs, click here for a Word document. I will update this file periodically.

Proverbs 3:7-8 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
It will be healing to your body And refreshment to your bones.

Pro 12:25 Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, But a good word makes it glad.

Pro 14:30 A tranquil heart is life to the body, But passion is rottenness to the bones.

Pro 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.

No comments: