Thursday, February 05, 2009

A call late last night from one of our friends from Oregon who has been closely tracking our blog, was a reminder to me to stay on top of my postings. Generally I have had several good days since coming home from the hospital. I feel significantly stronger this time compared to last September's surgery. I have been up most of the day taking only a few naps, until last night. It is probably due to getting my weight and digestion back in shape but last night was a little bit of a meltdown. I am actually finally down to about what I weighed in college but it seems to be holding. My stomach doesn't crave a lot of food but we are trying to find enough calories and a daily eating pace that will get me back in shape. I haven't really been out yet but have been on the phone, working on the computer, continuing to listen to Dr. Ken Boa, and resting. We heard from our consultant in Utah and she updated my supplement protocol and encouraged us to get started on a treatment that will continue to increase my "natural killer cells." My last test results showed a 3-fold increase in natural killer cell level over three months. We hope that this and other ingredients will be a part of an integrated approach we can work with the Jefferson Hospital team. I need to update them but my daily food logs get posted at our health site, www.healthyhints.org. Stay tuned for some postings on my pastor blog as I seek to walk my congregations through some more follow-up on my posting on a paradigm shift. It starts with a healthy definition of faith, "Faith is believing God at His Word in spite of feelings or circumstances." The best example I can think of is the three young men in Babylon who refused to bow to pagan gods and at the same time put no contingencies on how they expected God to shape the outcome.
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.(Daniel 3:16-18)

Have a great day walking by faith which is your new reality.

3 comments:

Ronald said...

MacDonald family, thank you for the posting. We are glad to hear of the progress. We are praying for you and let us know what you need us to do for you...Mary and Ron Hill

Anonymous said...

MacDonalds,
We are so glad to hear of this posting. We're praying for God's miracle in your body and that you can be a sure witness for God's faithfulness in your life to those around you. Sounds like God is upholding all of you in HIs more than adequate hands. Our love to you and know that you are in our prayers.
Jim and Susanne Gordon

MacDonald Family said...

Jim and Susanne. Great to hear from you. Get my email address from Craig Z. I would enjoy further contact. Thanks for praying. It is a very interesting time.