Sunday, August 02, 2009

Awake and Rejoicing

Woke up again at 4:00 am and remembered Mark Crocco’s encouragement from last Sunday in Psalm 118:24, to rejoice because this is the day that the Lord has made.
(Psa 118:24) This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I sat down with my personal journal and came up with at least ten things for which I am thankful. This is something my great wife has been doing, especially when we drive to a medical appointment. It has been helpful in keeping our thoughts focused in the right direction. Here they are:
At least 10 things for which I can rejoice.:
1. I am a child of God, known by the Father and the Son, and indwelt to be empowered by the Holy Spirit.
2. Able to experience amazing grace
3. Blessed by a wonderful wife of over 36 years
4. Blessed by four wonderful kids, two sons-in-love and a daughter-in-love, and three wonderful grand children
5. Able to serve the Lord in privilege pastoral ministry for over 35 years
6. Enjoyment of God’s good work through the last 10 months, getting me successfully through three neurosurgeries, cheomotherapy and radiation treatment, along with the special medical people that we have been able to find.
7. Deepened relationship with God
8. Deepened relationship with Dottie
9. Phenomenal support of our kids
10. Overwhelming support of our church family, Southwood Baptist Church
11. Confidence in the Lord’s sovereign oversight and direction in the months to come whether by life or by death. It makes sense to me to live out life here on earth so I can continue to be an encouragement to people but God gets to make the call on whether I continue to make Him known by life or through transfer to my permanent home, heaven.

Check, again, my Pastor Blog for some thoughts on thoughts.

No comments: