Friday, May 28, 2010

Godand God alone

This is my first time on thecomputer in many days. I have been very tired but I believe the blood transfusion has helped.

There has been one phrase ringing in my head over the last days, "God, and God alone"
We have experienced some set backs over the last few days that is testing our faith. A provision for our needs did not come through and we will try again.My thought has been, What do you do when everything is stripped away?If you are only left with God, is He enough? It seems to me that we like to have a backup plan to our faith in case God doesn't come through the way we want or in the time we want? We have a bundle of finances or credit to urn to. Or we have lots of human energy, strength to use to work harder, longer, etc. But what if all of these are gone? There is no human strength left. No financial resources to bail you out. You are on the edge, like Daniel on the edge of  the lion's den. King Darius testified, "Your God whom you serve continually, He will deliver you (Daniel 6:16) Nice thought, Darius, but you are not the one going into he den. I wonder what Daniel thought? Ibelieve Daniel had already made up his mind and was focused on God not the lions. This is real faith on the edge where is is God and God alone. My journey will test whether I have Daniel-like faith or not. There is no back up plan, resources, or human strength. It is God and God Alone!

No comments: