Saturday, June 26, 2010

Grace Enough

I have been reading again Oswald Chamber’s My Utmost for His Highest. This devotional is a classic. I have to warn you it is for Christians who are serious about deepening their walk with Christ. I am reading it concurrent with a friend reading the same date. We read, reflect and apply. We talk almost daily and compare our reflections. This is good accountability. Today’s reflection was on the sufficiency of the grace of God. Grace in this case is not grace in God saving us from the penalty of our sin but grace in, each day saving us from the power of sin. I am remembering 2 Corinthians 6:1, Do not receive the grace of God in vain When one trusts in Christ alone as their Savior, they receive the grace of God in unlimited supply, This grace is internal empowerment to live according to this will of God.

Everyday challenges can be lived now in the freedom to express the fruit of the Spirit. Although my old nature, my flesh, constantly nips at my heels, I have the freedom to live according to the grace of God. Here is a practical situation. A wife makes a comment. A husband takes it wrong and things of a way to respond but it is the wrong way. It is a way that the flesh would like to respond. The grace of God in your life give you the power and freedom to respond in the fruit of the Spirit. The result? Harmony and encouragement in the home. Don’t think you can do it? Then either you have not received the grace of God or you do not know who you are.

Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come (2Corinthians 5: 17)

Enjoy the freeing empowering grace of God!

I found an online copy of Sanders []here]

1 comment:

Louann said...

Dottie and Joel,
I think and prayer for you often. I have really appreciated the little emails from Dottie.

I just finished a short project in Pensacola FL. I worked there every other week for a total of 6 weeks of work. I was doing some consulting in public child welfare. It was at a good time for me.

Thank you for the blog website info. It helps me know how to pray and I appreciate your comments.

Blessings,
Louann Holmes