Saturday, March 26, 2011

Joel's Earthly Birth Date

Today would have been Joel's 65th birthday. I chose to spend a quiet day here at home but was pleasantly surprised by  a dear couple who stopped by in remembrance of Joel's birthday.  Thank you Joe and Patti. The Lord is so good to continue to encourage me day by day through the actions of His family members.

Another encouragement came today from reading in Sarah Young's devotional, Jesus Calling.

"Waiting on Me means directing your attention to Me in hopeful anticipation of what I will do. It entails trusting me with every fiber of your being, instead of trying to figure things out for yourself. Waiting on Me is the way I designed you to live; all day, every day, I created you to stay conscious of me as you go about your daily duties.

I  have promised many blessings to those who wait on Me: renewed strength, living above one's circumstances, resurgence of hope, awareness of My continual Presence. Waiting on Me enables you to glorify Me by living in deep dependence on Me, ready to do My will. It also helps you to enjoy Me: in My Presence is fullness of Joy."

Lamentations 3:24-26, Isaiah 40:31, Psalm 16:11 (NKJV)

Thank you, Joanne, for the gift of this devotional!


Thank you, each one, as you reach out to others when the Lord prompts. Last week I was having a difficult day, and through three phone calls that came to me during that time, I became encouraged enough to start reaching out to others the Lord brought to my mind.  How blessed I am!!


Dottie

No comments: