Friday, August 19, 2011

Your Most Basic Act of Worship from 31 Days of Praise by Ruth Myers

"Lord, I'm Yours. Whatever the cost may be, may Your will be done in my life. I realize I'm not here on earth to do my own thing, or to seek my own fulfillment or my own glory. I'm not here to indulge my desires, to increase my possessions, to impress people, to be popular, to prove I'm somebody important, or to promote myself. I'm not here even to be relevant or successful by human standards. I'm here to please You.

I offer myself to You, for You are worthy. All that I am or hope to be, I owe to You. I'm Yours by creation, and every day I receive from You life and breath and all things. And I'm Yours because You bought me, and the price you paid was the precious blood of Christ. You alone, the Triune God, are worthy to be my Lord and Master. I yield to You, my gracious and glorious heavenly Father; to the Lord Jesus who loved me and gave Himself for me; to the Holy Spirity and His gracious influence and empowering.

All that I am and all that I have I give to You.

I give You my rebellion in me, that resists doing Your will. I give You my pride and self-dependence, that tell me I can do Your will in my own power if I try hard enough. I give You my fears, that tell me I'll never be able to do Your will in some areas of my life. I consent to let You energize me...to create within me, moment by moment, both the desire and the power to do Your will.

I give You my body and each of its members...my entire inner being; my mind, my emotional life, my will...my loved ones...my marriage or my hopes for mariage...my abilities and gifts...my strengths and weaknesses...my health...my status (high or low)...my posessions...my past, my present, and my future...when and how I'll go Home.

I'm here to love You, to obey You, to glorify You, O my Beloved, may I be a joy to You!"



I have appreciated this wonderful book that was given to me shortly after Joel's death. Current plans are to participate this fall in co-leading a "GriefShare" group with a good friend at our church.

Dottie















  

1 comment:

Greg said...

Thank you, Dottie and family, for posting this.

My parents, Bill and Georgia Haskell, so appreciated Joel's ministry, and yours, Dottie, at Hinson. I remember hearing your names many times over the years.

And I remember my dad loving this "Basic Act of Worship" portion of Ruth Myers' book. He prayed it daily for years. Thanks again for sharing it with us. For me, it brings back fond memories of the many years my folks enjoyed at Hinson and the way they enjoyed Warren and Ruth Myers' ministry and books.

Greg Haskell