Friday, October 17, 2008

Another new day


Today is another new day. It is a great day and God is so good. I often wonder where God is headed with all of this but since He didn't choose to clue me into getting the brain tumor and all the events that followed, I assume He won't let me know what is around the next turn. What I do know is that He will be there. That is enough. Trust is the definitive quality as it has always been. The one thing Jesus rebuked the disciples for was having "little faith." If we believe God is both great and good, then why not trust Him? Experiencing this changes the need to trust from the theoretical to reality. It is stuff that is much easier to teach than to live but character comes through reality. Isn't that my theme through Philippians, "Real life, Real joy?" See the series that I began at Southwood's web: www.southwoodministries.org under current messages.

We have had two good doctor visits this week. One doctor that we have great respect for affirms the direction we are headed. I value his opinion so that was a good visit. We have a follow up visit to our neurosurgeon next Monday and I hope we can get some confirmation to begin to reduce the anti-seizure medicine, Keppra and get off of it soon. I want to see how well my brain and eyesight is doing without any medicine. Driving in the future will be the next big test, although Dottie and I are certainly enjoying the time together. She is a treasure!!!

I just received another book today that was cited in the book by "Dr. D" (as our clinical nutritionist calls him), Dr. David Servan-Schreiber. It is a book by Dr Richard Beliveau and Dr. Denis Gingras. It is "Foods that fight cancer; preventing cancer through diet." Click here to acess and purchase from Amazon or click on the book image.

Here is the bio on the two authors:
Richard Beliveau is a leading authority in the field of cancer research. He holds the Chair in the Prevention and Treatment of Cancer at the University of Quebec at Montreal, where he is a professor of Biochemistry. Dr. Beliveau is the director of the Molecular Medicine Laboratory of UQAMSainteJustine Hospital (Centre de cancerologie CharlesBruneau). He is also a professor of Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Montreal. Known throughout the world for his research, Dr. Beliveau regularly takes part in numerous international cancerrelated events.

Denis Gingras is a researcher in the Molecular Medicine Laboratory of UQAMSainteJustine Hospital (Centre de cancerologie CharlesBruneau) and the University of Quebec at Montreal.

Since our Jefferson doctors did suggest that my type of cancer is often related to radiaton, we have also been researching the issue of cellular phone and WiFi radiation. There seems to be some credible research out there that leads us to utilize some careful measures in our cellular use and exposure to wifi radiation. I continue to utilize my physics, math, and electrical engineering education that both OSU and the navy gave me to research ways to be protected. If you email me or give me your email in the comments I can send you what I have so far. Whenever you give out your email in a public access like this, I would suggest that you leave out the "at" sign and separate your email with an underline or something else to avoid any spamming robots grabbing your email. Can't be too safe these days.

Our goal is to finally get our daily diet schedule worked up by next week. Dottie has a health fair at Gloucester County Institute of Technology tomorrow (Saturday) so we hope to be able to send something with her for that. IToday is a tired day so I plan to be crashed in our downstairs room. Rest seems to be something that comes easily these days. can't say enough for all of the prayer support. This is a great time to be a part of God's great family. Our church family has been phenomenal.

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?" "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen. (Rom 11:33-36)

No comments: