Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting out

Yesterday was a good day to venture out of the house. We had our grandson, Nathan, for the morning and early afternoon. He was such a delight. He was happy, playful, and full of hugs. At noon, we decided to take him in the stroller and go for a walk. We walked from home to the church and back, a trip of about 1 mile. I felt great.

Then in the evening we stopped by briefly and surprised the Connection Team meeting and Matt and Kim James' house. It was great to see everyone. We needed to drop off something at the church, saw that there were a couple of meetings going on, so I stepped in briefly to say hi. Again, it was great to see everyone. I know I need to pace myself and be patient with the recovery process. It seems that the character quality of patience keeps getting some work.

Pray for us as we keep finding ways to add appropriate calories to my diet. I am down to 140#, about 5# off my college running weight. I feel great! Each meal, as strange as they may seem, leaves me refreshed. We are currently working on a weekly printed schedule plan for our nutritional protocol.

Yesterday I was able to finally track down the location of Dr. David Servan-Schreiber, the author of Anti Cancer; A New Way of Life. He currently lives in Paris France but travels occasionally to Pittsburgh to give seminars. We were able to talk extensively with his U.S. assistant. He is on a similar nutritional plan as we are. He had his first surgery in 1997 and a second in 2000. His tumor was similar to mine but in a different location. He is doing very well and continues to monitor his health with MRIs and other checkups.

Today is another great day!

Joel

1 comment:

CR said...

Dear Joel and Dottie,
I just learned of your illness, Joel, last Sunday. I am shocked, but not at all surprised that your attitude is full of faith. I will be praying for you both every day. If there is ever a medical update emailed to friends online, please add me to the list: carolmrobbins@yahoo.com
Otherwise, I will heck your blog.
In Christ,
Carol