Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Checking in

For all of my faithful blog readers who might be worried about my condition if I don't blog every day ... I am doing fine. Sunday was a lie around day, possibly because of the exertion of Saturday. I read and slept. I am currently working my way through, The Story of Christian Theology; Twenty Centuries of Tradition & Reform by Roger E. Olson. Dr. Olson is professor of theology at Bethel College, St. Paul, MN. This is a great overview of Historical Theology, one of my favorite subjects. There are many references to the struggle to integrate theology and philosophy. A good addendum to this would be the audio lectures by Dr. Ron Nash at the Biblical Training web site; TH620: History of Philosophy and Christian Thought.

Monday was a great Daddy-Daughter Day with Bethany. We went out together in the afternoon and saw the movie, "Boy in the Striped Pajamas." This is a great movie (not for children). It tells the story of a German boy, Bruno whose father, a Nazi officer, has taken charge of a concentration camp. Bruno befriends a Jewish boy, Shumuel, in the camp and their friendship builds through the barbed wire. This is a great but sobering story.
Movie web site
IMDB site
Check out Chuck Colson's Nov 10, Breakpoint commentary on this movie

Tuesday was IV and barometric treatment.

Today (Wednesday) was my day to assemble the documents for our consult with Dr. Jeanne Wallace of Nutritional Solutions. If you missed my post on her, check it out at this link.

We now have the beginnings of a web site to assemble information related to our journey
www.healthyhints.org We will use this to update people, as time allows, on what we are learning.

I am looking forward to the Q & A session with the church family this Sunday, Nov. 16 at 4:30. The re-connection will be great. I have missed my church family. See blog and audio below.

No comments: