Friday, April 03, 2009

MRI & Surgery Update

On Wednesday, April 1, I did a follow-up MRI exam in the morning and then a follow-up consultation with my neurosurgeon, Dr. David Andrews in the afternoon to discuss the next options based upon the MRI results. The MRI revealed (as we already suspected) that the tumor has grown somewhat and is pressing again against my brain. My neurosurgeon believes that in spite of my tumor's condition that I am doing well and because of my good condition commented that I must be doing something right in some of my other protocols. Weighing all of the best options has led us to go ahead and schedule another surgical removal of the tumor on Tuesday, April 14. As before, we will also be looking at the many follow-up protocols that are available and see what is best to continue to find ways to fend of regrowth of this tumor. We do believe we are being given some great resources in this battle. I continue with vitamin C infusions 3 times/week now at 100,000mg/dose. A recent blood test revealed a very high viral load in my system which seems to relate to stirring brain tumor growth. We hope the surgical removal will help focus more attention on prevention and give more time for other protocols to also go to work. The best resource is the supportive and comforting prayer of God's people. I don't think I have treasured prayers and the relationships we have as much as now. My family, especially has been a huge comfort, filled with grace, and constantly supportive. They are a true treasure to me.

On another note, since so many have asked, no Kara has not given birth yet to our granddaughter yet. She and baby are doing fine but next week should be a time when her midwives decide to take decisive action to see if they can coach this little girl to come out. She seems to be enjoying where she is. We cannot wait to see her.

With this surgery need, my medical team and also family are strongly encouraging me to focus on getting ready for my upcoming surgery as well as the recovery afterwards. My neurosurgeon is confident that i will do well and they recovery will go quickly. I had hoped to be back in the pulpit soon but that will have to be on hold for now. I will continue to work with my elders as we wait to seen what God has in store for all of us. This has been an interesting journey but one that it is good to be reminded that He has enough light for each step of the way.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105)

The LORD is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)




No comments: