Thursday, March 04, 2010

Avastin or not

Yesterday (Wed, Mar3) I had my 8th Avastin (chemotherapy treatment) and a meeting with my oncologist at Jefferson Univ. Hosp. in Philly. It takes about 30 min to drip a bag of liquid Avastin into my blood stream. I asked my oncologist what the long range effect would be He said, more "steady" MRI results. I will be exploring whether other treatment and supplements will produce the same results if I stop Avastin. I am conuing to do vitaminC infusion and mistletoe injection plus a whole bunch of supplements which includes Bromelein.
   Yesterday we finished updating our wills and Advanced Health Directives with our attorney. I  have also secured a reservation  at our county's veteran cemetary. The next step is to meet with my favorite funeral home director to get all the paperwork filled out and in a file and ready to go. My plan is for an imediate burial upon death in either a cheap, plain wooden boc plywood shipping container) or a cardboard shipping container. And then a memorial service to follow. If this all sounds morbid, it is designed to relieve Dottie and meet the "What if" situation. End of life is God's call. He could still give me at least 30 more years. In whatever years He may give, I hope to honor Him and invest for eternity.

   Feeling very good today. Thank you so much for praying
     I like the Apostle Paul's statement, except for "the time has come for my departure)

(2 Timothy 4:6-8)  For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. {7} I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. {8} Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.


May you have a great and blessed day.

1 comment:

cheeringUon said...

I think of you more often then you know. I came looking today to see how things are going. Some of this is sure hard, but it is something we all come to . . . God's call home at His appointed time. I am sure your sparkle for Him will shine right up and throughout that call, however near or distant that may be. He is being made known to the people because of your trust in Him . . . His sovreignty, His wisdom and His love. "Praise the Saviour, you who know Him. Who can tell how much we owe Him." I love that old hymn.