Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Continued rest and energy

It has been great to feel good each day. I don't have a date to return to my chemo but I am in no rush to have my energy depleated again. It is a wait and see. Today is another no appointment day. I'll try again to make it to our men's bible study which I enjoyed attending last night; a great group of guys.
  Today is a good day for some more memory work and possible writing. Oh yes, it is a day to rejoice and be glad!

I have been reading and re-reading Timothy Keller's book, Counterfeit Gods; The Empty promises of Money, Sex, and Power and the only Hope that Matters. His retelling and interpreting the story of Abraham and Isaac in Genesis 22 is powerful and convicting. It is another example of being bought to a place in life where it is God and God alone. It is a challenging place to be but the outcome is great, freeing, and a new perspective on the greatness and goodness of God. But it is faith-stretching in the process.

No comments: