Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Thinking of Heaven

Here's another post from Dad:

I am spending every day in bed listening to lectures and thinking a lot. I've been reading Randy Alcorn's book called Heaven. I highly recommend it. The book leaves me with a very surreal feeling. It's amazing to walk by faith and think that I may soon be experiencing the reality of my faith in seeing what heaven's really all about.

This Sunday I will be transferred to Manor Care near the apartment to be there for a week. Pray for Dottie as we're separated.

3 comments:

Nancy Tyler said...

I'm so grateful to get an update.

I've been wondering what you've been doing and thinking, Pastor Joel. And I've been thinking about Heaven too. Sometimes it's hard for me to think of it as real, even when I know that people I love are there.

Praying for you to get good praying and reading and thinking time while you're at Manor Care and praying for Dottie's rest and strengthening while you're apart.

Love in Christ to the whole family.

n

Anonymous said...

Friends

Rondi and I send our love and our prayers. We look forward with you to the resurrection of the dead in Christ and the restoration of all things by his grace.

Love to all

mark

William Young said...

Joel, I doubt that I have known anyone who was more sincere in being able to say along with Timothy (2nd Timothy 7) " I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith". Surely you have been an inspiration to all those who still hold on to their faith as they have followed your struggle to do the will of Him as you see and understand it.

With my best regards to you and all your family.

William Young
Harrisonburg, VA