Saturday, October 11, 2008

A new day

1:30 pm
Today is a new day! After some time to assess the meetings on Thursday at Jefferson and some more input we are very refreshed at some directions we can continue to go in providing healing from the tumor and the continued healing of my body. I feel very refreshed and ready to get back to work ... but not yet! I realize more than ever the importance of rest and allowing for full healing to my body. I have often reminded others who have gone through major surgery that they didn't just pull a tooth. So, I need to practice what I preach. But I really am feeling great. What we had been doing before surgery and continue to do is giving great healing capability to my body. My neurosurgeon confirmed that I am looking great and healing very well. I am trying to learn to live at a new pace and learning how to listen to my body rather than push my body beyond reasonable limits. I would like to think that this old dog is learning some new tricks.
I continue to read in Philippians and study verse by verse. This leeter from Paul to the folks in Philippi is so rich. I am amazed at God's timing. My theme, "Real Life, Real Joy" continues to take on new meaning. I certainly did not realize the kind of 'real life' that I would be facing so that 'real joy' would be even more meaningful. I look forward to unpacking some of this and continuing the journey together with my congregation.

No comments: