Thursday, March 12, 2009

Status

How am I feeling? I have this pressure in my head that is a constant reminder that something is there and a sobering reminder of the tumor that I have to deal with. Otherwise, physically, I am doing fine and our spirits stay encouraged and optimistic. One of our biggest challenges is making contact with medical personnel. It seems that they have chosen this time to be unavailable. My first opportunity to meet with my neurosurgeon at Jefferson will be next Monday, March 16. We are researching, reading, exploring a number of options. Collecting information and digesting it has become a full time business. A new option has come our way as of yesterday that looks very promising. Check it out at, http://www.haelanresearchfoundation.com/ We are learning a lot. At the top of my list is what I am learning about resting in the goodness and greatness of God. This passage in Matthew 11 was especially helpful yesterday. Note the emphasis on learning. Theoretical faith is in the process of becoming real and practical.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

1 comment:

Lavish Grace said...

We are praying with you for the dr appt tomorrow, Joel and Dottie. We love you! Greg & Nancy Langley