Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dottie's encouragement

My wife mentioned this morning that she is beginning to see signs of my former self return. That may not be all good but in this case it means rekindled strength and vigor. I am feeling better and stronger. I cannot begin to tell you enough about this incredible wife that God has given me. She has been so strong when I have been weak. Our bond has always been strong and deep. The bond is even deeper now. We shared with Brian and Jen that they have been a wonderful focus of joy. Someone told us, in order to stay up, to focus on our most joyous moments in life. Watching Brian and Jen has reminded us of what God did to bring our lives together thirty six years ago. The following is the verse we chose as the foundation for our marriage:
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. (1Co 3:11)

No comments: