Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oncology/Radiology update

I signed my life away this morning to begin the process of chemotherapy and radiation. It will probably begin right away. I go tomorrow to get set up. We did clarify this morning that the tumor has grown into an inoperable area, unless I want to risk losing my vision. It is the point we have always been prepared for that is, no alternatives, just difficult decisions. Actually we were prepared and the decision wasn't that difficult. This time we are hoping that the other adjunct therapies will work and assist the chemo radiation to do the job. Clearly this type of tumor (glioblastoma multiforme stage IV) is proving its character, nasty. I did add an extra question to my list: Will I be okay for my son's wedding on June 19? They all said yes. I am determined, God willing, to be okay.

It is still nice to know that God is in control. The God who rearranged the known world for the arrival of His Son (Galatians 4:4) and orchestrated the time and means for the death of His Son (Acts 2:23-24) can certainly take care of this whether it is continued time here on earth to represent Him or in His presence in eternity. He owns my life and it is His call.

1 comment:

Mary Ann Sullivan said...

Okay, forge ahead, knowing the Lord has prepared the way. And keep looking up...to Him, the Great Physician. You are an inspiration to so many.