Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Enriching Listening

Dottie and I have been listening to a teaching series by Ken Boa on Paradigm Spirituality. He is the one who sustained me through three surgeries. I have many of not all of his teaching series loaded on my iPod and use a portable set of small speakers to listen to anything on my iPod at night. Here is link to the series.
http://www.kenboa.org/audio_and_video/mp3teaching?series=27


I also highly recommend his book, Conformed to His Image_ Biblical Approaches to Spiritual Formation as the best on sancitification. [Amazon link


Here are two enriching comments he makes in part 15 of the series:
Quoting a friend, 1.Write your ob ituary now and see how it plays in heaven.

2. What are you talking under your arm to the ultimate show and tell (referring to the Judgement seat of Christ)
(2 Cor 5:6-10) Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. {7} We live by faith, not by sight. {8} We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. {9} So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. {10} For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

No comments: