Sunday, March 21, 2010

Renewed enthusiasm

Today ha been a great day. After attending church this am, I cam home, ate a healthy lunch, and after a slight rest, I went for a walk while Dottie went shopping. The weather is beautiful so I decided to go on a walk in the neighborhood. I take my cell phone with me just in case and I also carry a fold up three-legged stool in case my legs get tired. I knocked on several neighbor's doors and by the time I returned to the apartment I had walked 1 mile. It was a great boost to my encouragement. I have this long range goal of eventually running the 1500 meters in the Senior Olympics. Just walking today has awakened a renewed determination within as God gives energy and capability to battle this brain tumor with the hope of getting rid of it. Getting a clean MRI would be not only my personal delight but a celebration for all of you who have joined in with prayer for me. God is so good

(Philippians 4:4-8)  Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! {5} Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. {6} Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. {7} And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. {8} Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. (Philippians 4:4-9



Several have asked what I am reading these days. I have compiled a list and posted it on my Pastor Blog

No comments: